Thursday, November 17, 2011

LA-LA Land


At the beginning of November the family packed up for yet another trip. The hubs had a conference in Anaheim CA and Colbie and I tagged along to check out LA!

The first afternoon we were there the three of us headed to Santa Monica Pier for lunch and a great walk around in the 87 degree sunshine!
Then it was off to Anaheim where we stayed within a mile of Disney. Needless to say, when D.B. was busy sitting in a big auditorium learning things, C and I were out having a great time!!! I didn't actually brave the park alone with Colbie, but we did hit up Downtown Disney, which is the shopping/restaurant district of Disney Land.

On one of our many dinners out, Colbie got to try her hand at coloring for the first time, it was a hit!
We were just a couple of miles from the Crystal Cathedral too, which after seeing it on TV for a number of years, was somewhat weird and disappointing.
On Colbie and my last adventure sans daddy we drove 45 minutes to Hollywood and spent the day at Universal Studios.
While standing by the line to buy tickets, another mom walked up to me and handed me her family's extra ticket so I got in totally free! We had so much fun checking out all of the shows and going on the park tour.

Driving down the middle of Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives during our park tram tour:
Accepting her "Best Daughter" Oscar in a gift shop. After her speech I took her Academy Award back because there was no way I was actually buying it.
Winning mom of the year by choosing only the least scary things to pose my daughter next to.

Sitting and enjoying a mid-morning snack while watching the WaterWorld show, which as it turns out is pretty loud and violent. C. was mesmerized, which concerned me alittle.
In addition to Colbie and my personal adventures, daddy joined us for an afternoon one day and we drove the coast down to Laguna Beach, which was very pretty. We also had the chance to have dinner with some old friends who moved to Hermosa Beach about a year ago. All of these things, I forgot to take pictures of.

Next stop on our trip, we were heading north to visit the Davis's in Carpinteria!

For those of you counting, this was Colbie's 7th trip by airplane and 15th state she's been too in her first year of life. We have all intentions of slowing down!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures from Universal~ Colbie's expressions are priceless! LOL!
    What a little traveler! I think it is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is one well traveled little lady! What a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete