Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Few Days Late

So I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day, but we've been so busy the past couple of days I haven't had time to sit down and blog.

Our Valentine's was spent going to church, out to lunch, to a movie, taking Molly for a walk together, out to dinner, then watching the Olympics. It was probably the best February 14th I've ever celebrated and it didn't even involve flowers, cupcakes, or chocolate, which turns out I'm totally fine with. I did end up feeling like a little bit of a schmuck though. With the whole budgeting thing, we agreed to only exchange cards. I found a great card, wrote sweet things in it and considered it a success. D.B. found a great card, wrote sweet things in it and then handed it to me with a gift card to Anthropologie. Both technically cards so he followed the rules, I just felt bad that all I gave him was a greeting card. I would make him his favorite treat to make up for it, but lent starts tomorrow, so that idea is out! I did not however feel so guilty that I refused the gift card, in fact I ran out yesterday and bought this:Back to Valentine's, I hope everyone had as wonderful of a day as we did.

And to my husband, I love you and thank you for being top 1%!

2 comments:

  1. Love the sweater! Also love that your husband bent the rules and got you a gift card! He's a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you:) Love that sweater, what are you going to wear underneath?

    ReplyDelete