First, sorry about the long time between blog posts, turns out this parenthood thing takes a fair amount of time:)
So a lot of you requested Colbie's story, and now that I've finally agreed to put her down for a few minutes, I'll fill you all in. We actually got the phone call on my birthday that we had matched for a third time. We were overjoyed, but cautious at the same time. We decided that we were only going to tell a few people about the match just in case it didn't work out again. We wanted to keep any possibility for heartbreak private. Sorry we didn't tell you all, but wasn't the surprise blog on November 9th great?!?!?
Colbie's due date was November 21st so we had a month or so to get ready, squeeze in a few more date nights, etc. I actually had plane tickets to Seattle booked for Nov. 5th-8th. Do we all know where this story is going? Sure enough on the 4th we get the call that birthmom is starting to dilate and I probably shouldn't go. Instead we headed to Chicago for the weekend so we could have one last get away, visit friends, and D.B. could take his boards on Monday the 8th.
Around noon on November 9th (I'm still glad I didn't go to Seattle) I got the call that birthmom was in labor! I stayed as calm as possible while running out of JoAnn Fabrics and dialed D.B. up. We were in the car on the way to Green Bay (where Colbie was born) as fast as I could pick D.B. up at work, we could pack bags, drop the dog off, and go. Half way to Green Bay we got the call, our daughter was born! It was an amazing call.
We met Colbie when she was less than an hour and a half old and it was instant, unconditional love. We also had the chance to meet Colbie's birthmom which was also an amazing and overwhelming experience that we are incredibly grateful for. As for the details of Colbie's birthmom, we are reserving those for Colbie when she gets older. The only thing that is important to know is that Colbie has always been incredibly loved.
Now we just hope and wait and pray that TPR goes as planned. The good news is that we don't have to wait the full 30 days as we were lucky enough to get November 23rd as our court date!
AWESOME! I've been so anxious to hear the story. What a blessing. Can't wait for more pictures and updates.
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to Skype sometime so that our little November 9 babies can meet. :)
Yay, so glad to see more posts. So exciting, and she is so beautiful! Can't wait to chat! Now you know why I don't answer my phone half the time... :)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. Keep them coming.
ReplyDeleteAwww...it's hard to give me the chills!!! Nice work!! :) Beautiful story and I just am so so so overjoyed for you both. I can hear it in your words as I picture you reading your stories out loud to me. You were made to be a mama and I know your trials and sadness have all touched us deeply and we thank you for the opportunity to pray for you, support you, and be "with" you during this incredible time. Love you so much, Hil. :)
ReplyDelete