Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Smitten

Did you know that November is National Adoption Month? There are a lot of fun things to know about adoption, but the most fun thing your could possibly know about adoption is....

We are the proud parents of miss Colbie Christine!!!! Born this afternoon at 3:20pm weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds 6 ounces and 19 inches long!!! She is healthy, beautiful and as far as we are concerned, perfect.

Without further ado, I give you our little Colbie:
I'm a mom!!!!
Proud daddy
In this picture she was proving her perfection by passing her hearing test with flying colors. What can I say, we are two very proud parents!

28 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm giggling with excitement at my computer! I can hardly think of words to say, except CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Did DB take his boards yesterday? I don't know how I would have been able to concentrate if I were him. She's so adorable and so lucky to have you guys as her parents. We'll have to set up a transcontinental play date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Congratulations!!! How much notice did you have? If you can manage to put that pretty little girl down long enough, give us all the details! I'm so, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lord she is beautiful! Proud parents is right and you sure should be! Congratulations, again Mommy & Daddy and we can't wait to meet her and have girls day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am beaming with joy for you. She is stunning. adorable, perfect.
    I love her name too and the spelling is cute, like the singer.
    congratulations. I cannot wait to meet her. I cant wait to come to Madison and have girl day too with you.
    So thrilled for you and DB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!!!! it brought tears to my eyes seeing you hold her! she's gorgeous. congratulations to you and DB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most amazing news!!!! I am sitting here crying with your post of "I am a mom." Congratulations and enjoy every moment with her. She is so lucky to have you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are SO VERY excited for you!!! I can't wait to meet my new little cousin:) Praise the Lord for Blessings. I'm guessing she was worth the wait! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you and DVD, you are going to be wonderful parents! Looking forward to more pictures when you have the chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm crying again! You both look so overjoyed, and I'm so thrilled for you. Now the fun starts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING! What a terrific blessing. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. Our little babes share a birthday. Can't wait for them to meet! Can't wait to hear more details. SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a beautiful, beautiful baby. This post gets me all emotional. Congratulations to D.B. and you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is beautiful! Maria and I are so happy for you. And you've been in Wisconsin long enough to name her after cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you both! I just cried this morning when your mom called. It's the best news I've heard in a long time. She is beautiful just like her mom! Keep those pictures coming - never too many! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Mama! I'm so happy for you both! It's been a long time coming and you're both going to be and already are great parents! Colbie is a very lucky baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what timing -- congratulations!!! Colbie is beautiful! (And don't pay any attention to Gregg and his cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. p.s. Time to change the subtitle of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to you both. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the cheeks!!! Congratulations Mom, Dad and Molly Moon!! She is adorable and we look forward to meeting her!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! I cried when I read this. You look great with that sweet baby in your arms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a blessing! I am so thrilled for your family. Congrats! She is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY! Congratulations! She is beautiful and I'm excited to see how your family grows! :) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG!!! She is amazing! Congratulations! I know this has been a hard, long journey and you are finally getting the baby you deserve! I'm so happy and excited for you and DB. Can't wait for all the posts and updates!

    Congratulations Mommy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look, she has the Moon cleft-chin. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh myyy gooodnnnessss! I can't even begin to tell you how completely happy I am for you! I had a little blogging break and I coudn't wait to check on your blog and...oh my...this is just the BEST NEWS EVER!
    Congratulations! I know you are going to be an amazing mom! I look forward to hearing about your new and exciting journey!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are so excited for you guys!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful family! ~Jamie & Kristy Genuario

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! Enjoy every minute. They fly by really really fast. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just have to tell you that I cannot stop thinking about you guys. :) I am SO excited to see more pictures, hear about how you guys found out you were going to become parents, and hear about how it is going now that you have your sweet baby at home! So, so happy for you.:)

    ReplyDelete