Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days, Day 16

I am so incredibly thankful today that people were made with individual gifts or talents.

I hear it almost daily from patients, "I don't know how you do what you do". But the truth is, I don't know how a lot of people do what they do.

Here is a list of jobs that I could NOT do, and thus am so thankful that somebody else can:


  • Flight Attendant: just thinking about this profession gives me anxiety.
  • School Teacher: being responsible for 1-3 lives at a time I can handle, 30 though?  That would be a disaster.
  • Labor and Delivery Nurse: No No No!  
  • Burn Nurse: See comment directly above. 
  • Politician: Makes my skin crawl thinking about it
  • Window washer, or really anything that involves being up high: eek!
  • Hair dresser: I actually love doing Colbie's hair, but I think the ability to have a stranger walk in with unknown expectations, carrying on a two hour conversation with them and then potentially ruining their day with one miss-snip, sounds horrible!  
I had my hair cut and colored today and I love it.  I love my hair dresser and think the world of her.  Seriously though, that's some pressure.  Oh, and the whole standing on your feet all day and looking cute while you are at it?!?!? 

So, today I am thankful that we all have our own gifts and talents so I do any of the stuff listed above.  But mostly, I'm thankful for my hairdresser :) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is too fun! Ha, does make me appreciate what other people do that I NEVER could! I could never be a pilot- that would just scare me everyday! Too much pressure :)
    ~Gina

    ReplyDelete