Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days, Day 7

Today is my cousin Tami's birthday, it also happens to be her daughter Alivia's birthday too.  Tami was the sister I never had.  She grew up next door to me, and we were at any given time the best of friends or piping mad at each other.  Her birthday was a good reminder today how incredibly cool the whole cousin relationship is.  

I love that we grow up with these instant friends who we are bonded too.  Most of the time we wouldn't otherwise be friends if it weren't for our parent's being siblings, but that bond is something fiercely strong.  One that connects us to the point of defending each other no matter what, even if we haven't seen or talked in months, or even years.  

The hubs and I were both lucky enough to grow up near a lot of cousins.  But the cousins we didn't grow up near, we were instant best friends when we did see them.  I can see the same relationship happening with Colbie and Simone.  In the grand scheme of things, these two have not spent a ton of time together in their little lives, but not a day goes by that C doesn't ask about Simonie.  

It's the cousin bond, it is really something amazing.

Because of that bond, and because it is Tami's birthday, today I am thankful for cousins.  


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank for this sweet shout out and birthday wishes! I'm thankful for cousins too, you are and will always be one of my best friends!

    ReplyDelete