Friday, November 9, 2012

30 Days, Day 9

As far as I'm concerned, 11/09, is one of the best days of the year.  It was on this day two years ago that our lives were forever changed.  It will go down in history as the day we FINALLY became parents.


And today, for the greatest gift in the world, I am thankful for Colbie
and the little girl you have become.

You my love are so smart, with so many words.  You have started making up funny little words like, "sherp" which is a combination of sure and yep.

You laugh from you core and can make an entire room smile when you start.  And that's even before you let out your first snort.

I am amazed on a daily basis of how quickly you are picking up on new things but am having to watch my words and actions more than ever as it it obvious you mirror everything you see.

Your dance moves are already far superior to both your dad's and mine with your favorite current dance song being the "teach me how to bucky" song.  I'm not sure if that's the best song for you to hear, but it's how each evening's dance party has to start.

You are getting slightly more adventurous with your eating these days as your current favorite food is quiche.  You have a sweet tooth like your mama though, and sometimes I can't even sneak an M&M without you knowing it.

You are getting so independent and want to do everything by yourself, but you still want your mama if you are the slightest bit unsure.  I hope this never changes.

You have turned into an expert runner and jumper and can do either of these two activities for hours at a time 


You are so full of joy that I can't help but think I am the luckiest mom in the whole world.  

Happy Birthday Little Miss, you are loved beyond our wildest imagination 

3 comments:

  1. Hard to believe I'm sitting in the exact same place two years later as I was when I received your email that Colbie was on her way, grinning at these pictures all over again.... will never forget how that excitement made it all the way arond the world (remember even my expat team was so pleased when I told them!!) Somehow, it seemed appropriate that was the case then... and now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this one!! Happy birthday Colbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! So happy your little family is doing well!

    ReplyDelete