Today I am thankful for my freedom, and my freedom to vote.
It should be an interesting election and I have strong feelings regarding it. I have done my duty as an American citizen and now all I can do is sit back and watch to see what will happen.
My great friend Jean, who is currently working with Doctors Without Borders in Nigeria, posted this on her face.book wall today:
Frequent question from the Nigerian staff today... "Are you expecting any post election violence?" For all the faults one can find with this election season, it is still an amazing thing about the American democratic process that I can so confidently answer, "No."
And for the truth that is Jean's answer to the question above, I am also beyond thankful.

So glad you wore your pin! I proudly wore my "I voted sticker", too; and had the priviledge of handing many of them out. It's still amazing to me how smoothly and peacefully this process runs in America even though there are many different views and opinions. gg
ReplyDeleteOur democracy is the shining hope for so many in the world. Robin
ReplyDelete