We arrived late Thursday to Hillary's parent's house where we spent the evening catching up and getting some rest. Friday was spent helping out and preparing for the weekend's main event, Lance & Amity's wedding reception. Hillary did escape for the afternoon/evening to have a girl's day out with cousins Tami & Amber. Poor D.B. just sent the occasional text about working so hard that everyone's hands were bleeding.
Saturday morning we woke up early to run the Chris Cook 5k & 10k as part of the Gerber Baby Food Festival festivities. D.B. ran the 10K where he placed 2nd in his age group! Hillary ran with Tami to make sure Tami completed her first 5k strong, and together the two of us came in 2nd and 3rd in our age group out a pack of 24 girls, not too shabby! We stayed around for the awards ceremony where we received our medals, it was all pretty exciting!


After the race we headed back to Hillary's parent's and went to work getting ready for the wedding celebration. The reception took place that evening and it was a big success. Everyone seemed to have a great time with yummy food, a great band, and a party that only the Moon's could throw! And.. we got to spend some serious time with the world's cutest 18 month old, our niece Simone.
Here is a picture of my mom (Hillary here), she looked really pretty at the reception despite her extreme exhaustion.
Congrats to Lance & Amity and we wish you a lifetime of happiness.
Great recap! I'm tired again just thinking about all of it! By the way, those photos are copyrighted. Just jokes. I hope your Mom gets to see the photo of her:)
ReplyDeleteOh Tami, by the way I borrowed all of the pics you took:). I didn't really take any photos at all, so I appreciate your bad-ass photography skills!. I hope my mom can see that pic too!
ReplyDeleteI thought that last pic was my AWESOME photography skills!
ReplyDeleteYou get all the credit for that one Amber! Actually, there are a couple other ones which weren't from me. Oh, and no problem Hillary!
ReplyDelete